Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Gracie ~ Meems

Gracie ~ Meems

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chronicles

A post for my girls when they are parents and wonder... hmmm.... what were we like as toddlers?

Let's see.. We will start with this past Monday night. ~ Daddy taught a late night class meaning he did not get home until after 10:30 pm when the Williamson females were fast asleep.
Mommy gets up M-F @ 4 am for work at the Y so that means bedtime @ 8 pm. (At least that worked before DST)
So I tucked the girls in and went to sleep. About 10 pm I opened my eyes and saw that lights were on. I went to check on them and found their bedroom a wreck. Maya's crib was full of puzzles, toys, POWDER, her hair was as white as George Washingtons wig. The sheets under all of the toys was totally covered. Scolded them, moved things out of the way so they could lay down and went back to bed. The next day, I found a bit more. They scratched off paint on their new dresser I painted for them, and Ella dumped powder in her dresser all over all of her clean clothes leaving about an inch in the bottom. Had to launder EVERYTHING!!

2 nd incident of the week ~ Thursday night, Daddy had a meeting and then went out with some friends, Ella and Maya took rocks and scratched the newly painted garage door. Mommy asked them to stop and they just laughed and laughed and kept scratching. 3x's too many warnings to quit. (yes, girls you drove mommy nuts)

3rd incident of the week ~ Saturday morning, Mommy and daddy still in bed @ 8:15 am. I get up and find Maya in her crib and Ella on the floor by her crib with a bottle of bright red nail polish, painting Maya's crib. After she had polished her toes (yes toes, nails were included, all 10 of the entire toe covered. I look at Maya who has a now empty (once full) bottle of clear top coat and she proudly exclaimed that she painted Mickey Mouses toes and she shows me Mickey and sure enough, where Mickey's toes would be was a line of clear coat. I later noticed (once the clear coat had dried that crusty way it does) that she had painted her entire face. Many her lips and mouth. Hmmm... wondered for a minute how much she drank and if we should call poison control. We didn't and she is still alive today so I guess all is well. *smile*
Glanced down at the floor and saw a bottle of acetone that was once clear now bright red. THANK GOD no one spilled/drank that!
Ella also tried to paint her new dresser, and the bathroom floor red.
Well, at least no red was on the carpet. Only the clear coat and you can't see that it just makes the carpet nice and crunchy.

Let's see what this coming week brings :)